By accessing the website at https://rentsmarteducation.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on RentSmart Education & Support Society's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on RentSmart Education & Support Society's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by RentSmart Education & Support Society at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on RentSmart Education & Support Society's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. RentSmart Education & Support Society makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, RentSmart Education & Support Society does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall RentSmart Education & Support Society or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on RentSmart Education & Support Society's website, even if RentSmart Education & Support Society or a RentSmart Education & Support Society authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on RentSmart Education & Support Society's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. RentSmart Education & Support Society does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. RentSmart Education & Support Society may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However RentSmart Education & Support Society does not make any commitment to update the materials.
RentSmart Education & Support Society has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by RentSmart Education & Support Society of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
RentSmart Education & Support Society may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, British Columbia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
9. Cancellation & Refund Policy
Rent Smart Education and Support Society (RSESS) and its partners hope everyone who registers for the training will be able to attend; however, RSESS knows extenuating circumstances do occur. As a charity, we have limited financial resources and are highly impacted by cancelled registrations. We bear the costs of catering, training supplies and materials as well as trainers travel and lodging that we usually cannot recoup if a registration is cancelled. The RSESS Cancellation and Refund Policy is as follows to assure consistency and is applicable to all RentSmart Educator trainings and other paid events organized by RSESS:
- Training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete, payment processed and billing information is received in full.
- In order to cancel a confirmed registration or reschedule for a future date, please submit an email request to email@example.com.
- Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 7 days before a scheduled training. This gives us the opportunity to fill the course. If you cancel 7 or more days before the training, we offer you a credit to your account. You may use this credit towards a future training. We will do our best to provide you with acceptable options to attend another training at a different time and location that works for you. However, if you do not cancel prior to the 7 days, you will lose the payment for the class.
- Cancellations made 14 days or more in advance of the event date, will receive a full refund subject to a 10% administrative fee.
- Registration fees may be transferred to another individual, but you must notify RSESS via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 1 day before the training.
- RSESS reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances* at least 10 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees. However, RSESS does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.
* Unforeseen circumstances is used to describe an event that is unexpected and prevents RSESS or its partners from continuing with a training or event. Examples of such circumstances can include, but are not limited to, inclement weather or other natural disasters, site unavailability, technology challenges, and presenter absence.
|Cancellation notice period||Refund|
|14 or more days before the start
|100% refund subject to a $50 administrative fee|
|7-13 days before the start of training||Credit to be used towards another training at a future event|
|0-6 days before the start of training||No refund and no credit|
COVID-19 Expanded Refund Policy
Due to COVID-19, we are expanding our refund policy to ensure participants are not concerned about losing their training investment when deciding if it is safe for them to attend group training. Participants who have a seat at our RentSmart Educator training may:
- Transfer their booking to a later date (if available) at any time before or during training·
- Cancel and receive a full refund subject to 10% administrative fee or credit up to five days prior to the start date
- Cancel and receive credit up to 24 hours before the start time.