rent smartTerms + Conditions
By accessing the website at rentsmarteducation.org and rentsmartmembers.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing these websites. The materials contained within these websites are protected by applicable Canadian copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Rent Smart Education & Support Society’s websites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Rent Smart Education & Support Society’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Rent Smart Education & Support Society at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on any Rent Smart Education & Support Society’s websites are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Rent Smart Education & Support Society makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Rent Smart Education & Support Society does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on any of their websites or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Rent Smart Education & Support Society or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Rent Smart Education & Support Society’s websites, even if Rent Smart Education & Support Society or a Rent Smart Education & Support Society authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Rent Smart Education & Support Society’s websites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Rent Smart Education & Support Society does not warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete or current. Rent Smart Education & Support Society may make changes to the materials contained on its websites at any time without notice. However, Rent Smart Education & Support Society does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Rent Smart Education & Support Society may not have reviewed all of the sites linked to any of its websites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Rent Smart Education & Support Society of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Rent Smart Education & Support Society may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, British Columbia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in this Province and location.
9. Cancellation & Refund Policy
Rent Smart Education and Support Society (RSESS) and its partners hope everyone who registers for the training will be able to attend; however, RSESS knows extenuating circumstances do occur. As a charity, we have limited financial resources and are highly impacted by cancelled registrations. The RSESS Cancellation and Refund Policy is as follows to assure consistency and is applicable to all RentSmart© Educator trainings and other paid events organized by RSESS:
- Training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete, payment processed and billing information is received in full.
- In order to cancel a confirmed registration or reschedule for a future date, please submit an email request to email@example.com.
- Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 7 days before a scheduled training. This gives us the opportunity to fill the course seat. If you cancel 7 to 13 days before the training, we offer you a credit to your account. You may use this credit towards a future training. We will do our best to provide you with acceptable options to attend another training at a different time and location that works for you. However, if you do not cancel prior to the 7 days, you will lose the payment for the class.
- Cancellations made 14 days or more in advance of the event date, will receive a full refund subject to a 10% administrative fee.
- Registration fees may be transferred to another individual within your organization, but you must notify RSESS via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 3 business days before the training.
* Unforeseen circumstances is used to describe an event that is unexpected and prevents RSESS or its partners from continuing with a training or event. Examples of such circumstances can include, but are not limited to, inclement weather or other natural disasters, site unavailability, technology challenges, and presenter absence.
|Cancellation notice period (for training only)||Refund (for training only)|
|14 or more days before the start
|100% refund subject to a 10% administrative fee|
|7-13 days before the start of training||Credit to be used towards another training at a future event|
|0-6 days before the start of training||No refund and no credit|
|3+ business days before the training||Substitute a registrant in the training|
You can substitute a co-worker if you will not be able to attend, however, we require advanced notice to complete this change as we will be providing you with a unique account to access all the resources needed for this training and course resources afterwards. You will not be permitted to attend the course if sufficient notice is not provided — no refund and no credit.
For Terms and Conditions for RentSmart Subscriptions, such as fees, payments and cancellations, see the Terms & Conditions For Subscriptions.
Educator Companion and Participant Manuals
Community Educator Companion Manuals and Basics and Certificate Participant Manuals purchased are non-refundable. Community Educators are strongly encouraged to access these materials digitally which may be included with your subscriptions.
Rent Smart Education and Support Society will be phasing out the Educator print resources (however digital copies can be printed, if desired). This transition will allow us to be more responsive to current shifts in the housing/homelessness sector, legislative updates, reduce our carbon footprint, and keep costs low.