By Jessica Seburn
We hope that you’re all able to keep safe and stay healthy during these unique times that we are all facing.
RentSmart Ontario is here to support you during these challenging times. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need support with course delivery/education. We are taking this time to assist Educators with the support needed to continue to deliver courses to their clients, as they are seeing fit.
As the situation evolves, it is important to know what aspects are changing and what benefits are also being offered at this time. Below I have listed a few helpful links.
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan
- Ontario’s list of Essential Workplaces as of April 4. Please note that this list can be updated at any time.
- Landlord and Tenant Board News Releases:
- Current evictions orders have been suspended and no new evictions are being processed (with a few exceptions)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit:
- Financial support offered for those whose employment have been affected by COVID-19
- Ontario Works:
- Additional support offered for recipients of social assistance
We also wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all of our front line workers/essential service workers!!