join ourRent Smart Team
Rent Smart Education and Support Society (formerly Ready to Rent BC) is a charitable organization committed to increasing housing stability through tenant education. Rent Smart is a national program and is active in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan (2022) and Nunavut Territory.
Our headquarters is in Victoria, British Columbia and we currently have employees in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
We believe that diversity drives innovation – as an inclusive workplace; our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our products and services, and help us better meet the needs of our students and educators from across Canada. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.
Learning Designer (Remote)
Rent Smart Education and Support Society is a (national) not-for-profit organization that provides tenant education programs and a train-the-trainer curriculum to increase housing stability. Rent Smart currently has curriculum for British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Nunavut Territory.
We are seeking a Learning Designer to transform our train-the-trainer curriculum from print/online digital delivery to a synchronous/asynchronous online format. The Learning Designer will follow Universal Design for Learning Guidelines and incorporate a variety of instructional materials and formats such as podcasts, videos, texts, websites, instructor created resources and multimedia. A variety of learner activities will be carefully adapted and designed to facilitate the learner’s achievement of course objectives. The learning activities will be aligned with critical course components and promote active learning by engaging learner interaction. Multiple assessment strategies will be developed to help learners apply what they learn.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in education, adult learning, distance learning or eLearning or equivalent
- Proved knowledge and application of Adult Learning Principles
- Work with content experts and Master Trainers to ensure effective communication of issues, needs, problems and opportunities
- Lead in the programming of online modules and learning artifacts using software and media authoring tools for elearning
- Experience with design of blended learning programs leveraging various methods
- Effective consultation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with video conferencing and collaboration tools, such as: Zoom, Teams
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Work collaboratively with learning project team members including master trainers, educators and graphic designer
- Experience working in the not-for-profit charitable sector is an asset
- Strong work ethic
- A highly motivated self-starter that is expected to solve problems in a challenging environment with limited supervision and direction.
- The applicant must thrive in a team setting who are all working remotely across Canada
- Familiarity with a wide variety of instructional technologies
- Experience with user experience and user interface design
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Location: This is a remote position and is open to all candidates across Canada who are legally eligible to work in Canada.
All Rent Smart employees also work remotely (permanently) and are located in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Salary: Depends on education and experience
Benefits: Extended Health and Dental benefits will be made available following successful completion of 3 month probationary period
Computer and other work materials will be provided
Vacation: 3 weeks following successful completion of probation
*Send your application to: email@example.com
**Deadline: Applications Accepted until December 14th, 2021**
Rent Smart Educator, BC Program (Remote)
Rent Smart Education and Support Society is a (national) not-for-profit organization that provides a life skills approach to tenant education programs including a train-the-trainer curriculum to increase housing stability. Rent Smart is currently operational in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Nunavut Territory.
We are seeking an online facilitator for our BC Program. Someone who enjoys teaching virtually to a diverse array of learners who are looking to increase their knowledge of issues that impact tenancy (financial literacy, interpersonal communication, residential tenancy act knowledge, home maintenance, pest prevention and management, finding housing, awareness of scams etc).
Working under the BC Rent Smart Coordinator, this position will involve all aspects of program delivery including promotion, outreach, participant registration, teaching, and individual support. The RentSmart Educator (BC) will be directly responsible for delivering a high number of Rent Smart courses each month by Zoom for a diverse range of participants and tenants from across British Columbia.
- Passion and skill for facilitation
- Strong awareness of issues affecting access to housing, housing stability, homelessness, and homelessness prevention
- Strong working knowledge of the BC Residential Tenancy Act is an asset
- Patience and skill to support learners with limited experience using technology or digital learning
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, evolve, and adapt approach
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule (some evenings/weekends may be required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain files and documentations
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a small, dedicated team
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Prior experience facilitating through videoconference software is an asset
- Prior experience working in a community-based setting, community organization or housing provider
- Program design, program or service delivery for vulnerable and diverse people
- Proven record of creating a positive, safe and inclusive learning environment
- Proven ability to deliver instruction and support to learners with a range of abilities
- Extensive knowledge of organizations, services and supports
- Preference may be given to current RentSmart Educators
- Preference may be given to candidates located in BC
Job Type: Full time 37.5 hours week
Location: This is a remote position, but hours of work will primarily be 9am-5pm Pacific Time.
All Rent Smart Education and Support Society employees work remotely and are currently located in BC, Alberta and Ontario.
Salary: $27 per hour
Benefits: Extended health and dental plan available following successful completion of 3 month probationary period.
Computer and other work materials will be provided.
Annual Vacation: 3 weeks following probationary period
*Send your resume and cover letter to Andrew Holeton, Director of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org